Update: Those fabulously fine folks at Jeni's have just bumped up this package to NINE pints of ice cream. Thanks!!! That's enough for a party, folks. Don't forget to buy tickets for UC12!!!
This year I will be participating in Menu for Hope, a fundraiser started by itrepid diner Pim, from Chez Pim, whose slide shows from El Bulli and the Fat Duck make me insanely jealous. Aside from being a globetrotting, chef-dating gourmand, Pim has also proven to be a pretty good fundraiser, as well. Menu for Hope relies on donations from food bloggers and companies to raise money for hunger relief around the word. This year, all proceeds will go to United Nations World Food Programme. You can read all about the Midwesterners participating in this year's menu for hope by going over to Kalyn's Kitchen. To read about the national campaign, with all prizes, please visit Pim.
My prize for this year's Menu for Hope is . . . Jeni's Ice Cream!!! If you have never had the pleasure of Jeni's Ice Creams, now is the time. Winner of a Food & Wine Tastemaker award in 2005, Jeni Britton uses the finest possible ingredients to make her artisan ice creams. She makes good use of the wealth of great dairy, nuts, honey and fruit Ohio has to offer by creating relationships with local farmers. Jeni's Ice Cream has won the hearts of Central Ohians and beyond - just mention her ice cream to your friends and watch their eyes light up! This package includes
four nine!! pints of Jeni's Ice Cream, sorbet and/or yogurt, along with a specially designed scoop and four ice cream spoons (one for each pint!). You can choose from four of my favorites, four of Jeni's (current) favorites, or select your own, and there are plenty of great flavors (click to give your imagination a preview!) from which to choose - Dark Cocoa Gelato, Goat Cheese with Port Cherries, Bartlett Pear and Riesling Sorbet, Cassis Yogurt . . .
1. Go to the donation page at (http://www.firstgiving.com
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UC12 and 3 for UW02.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the
box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we
could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the
raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard
Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that
will do the job.)