(Updated later Wednesday, in airport. Yes, that is how much of a dork I am. I am blogging at the airport.
Yikes! An abbreviated events post - all apologies. But, see how much I love you guys? I'm providing events for a weekend when I won't even be here. Of course, being that I'm usually in the restaurant all weekend, it's about the same, except this weekend people will be waiting on ME. I'm so excited!
As you read this, I will be flying over the heartland in a Xanax-induced haze, buying horrid (so I've heard) overpriced food from Skybus. "I don't plan on eating," Husband said, when I commented that I heard the food was bad. "But it's five hours!!" Husband can eat in camel-like fashion, in which all caloric intake is eaten in one meal. I need constant sustinance. So we'll see. I haven't reviewed airline food before (actually, just writing that seems like a joke), so it should be interesting. Skybus cautions you against bringing your own food, unless you "bring enough for the whole plane." I could actually arrange that. Hm...
But, I'm here to talk about what is going on in the city of Columbus this weekend. By the way, this week, local artists have christened Columbus the World Capital of Indie Art (read the press release here) (read more about indie artists here). I've decided to proclaim myself honorary indie artist for being a completely uneducated (artwise, that is) food stylist and photographer. I mean, there are people actually getting paid out there to take far worse pictures of food than I do. On a regular basis. Wow. I already digressed again. Oh - no, I can make an appropriate segue! If you are a local indie artist, please feel free to send me press releases and I will pimp out your show, even if I never have a night off to go myself.
Please leave additional events in the comments section!
- So! Next week is the Columbus International Film & Video Festival at CCAD! And tickets are ridiculously cheap - so all of you starving artists out there have no excuse. More info.
- Okay, this event isn't for a few weeks but I'm so afraid of forgetting it: Sunday, November 18th the Chop Chop Gallery will exhibit Found vs. Post Secret at 6pm & 8pm; the actual boys behind the projects will be there. How cool is that? Tickets are $15.
- Films this week at the Wexner center are: Wednesday, two horror classis: Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte and Spider. There will also be a showing of New Turkish movies this week: Time and Winds will show on Thursday, with a reception (catered by Cafe Shish Kebab) after; Friday's double feature is Ice Cream, I Scream and The International; Saturdays's show is The Magician. Showtimes are 7pm, tickets are $7.
- Speaking of the Wexner Center, next week the Old Trout Puppet Workshop will present Famous Puppet Death Scenes, Wednesday the 7th through Saturday, the 10th. I may actually take a night off work for this.
- This weekend is, of course, the Gallery Hop in the Short North. Lots of fun shopping and supporting our indie art culture.
- So, this weekend you can build your own gnome or fairy furniture at the Franklin Park Conservatory. The cost is $50. I'm not sure if that includes the fairy or gnome of your choice.
- This weekend is the International Festival at Vets Memorial. Lots of food, crafts and gifty things galore. Admission is $7.