Well, it's winter here in Central Ohio, and being the first week of December, that means there are lots of things to do this weekend, mostly involving spending your money on cool gifts.
There are so many things to list; if you emailed me an event and I forget, please let me know. Also, if you have an event to add, please don't hesitate to leave a comment or send me an email.
Of course, those special folks who follow me on Twitter are going to be visiting me at my new job tomorrow night!
- First up, there are two great events this week at the North Market. The first is tomorrow night, the "Ladies of the North Market Cookie Exchange." The fabulous ladies of the North Market will be baking up their best cookies for you to enjoy (and take with you). At the event, you can enjoy coffee or wine, along with lots of finger foods and stories of the market. Robin Davis, food editor for the Columbus Dispatch, hosts. Saturday at the Market is the Holiday Open House & Craft Extravaganza. Lots of local artisans will be featuring their crafts and artsy goods. If you are committed to buying things which are locally produced as gifts this holiday season, this is a great place to find cool things.
This Sunday is the Home for the Holidays tour of homes in Olde Towne East. OTE is home to some of the most beautiful houses in Columbus, so this will certainly be a great tour. While you are in that part of town, you can take in the topiary garden or just stroll around. It's pretty.
- Of course, this Saturday is the Holiday Hop in the Short North. The Holiday Hop is the largest Gallery Hop of the year, and it's very festive (if you aren't working). It's another great chance to do some holiday shopping, especially if you are interested in unique and artistic gifts.
- This weekend is the Winterfair at the Ohio Expo Center. Yet another opp to buy crafty things.
- This weekend, the Columbus Gay Men's Chorus will perform their annual Christmas program, JOY!, at the King Avenue Methodist Church. There's even a matinee on Saturday!
- This Saturday is the Holiday Student Art Sale at CCAD. If you've never been and you are looking to get more art into your life, you really have to go. Whether you want to spend $5 on a screen printed card or $1000 on a wall-sized painting for your great room, it's a fantastic event.
- CATCO has great things going on this weekend and beyond. First of all, every year I say I am going to go see Santaland Diaries and yet I haven't made it yet. This year, I'm doing it. So, there's David Sedaris' Santaland Diaries, and also a duo of Truman Capote's stories, A Christmas Memory and the Thanksgiving Visitor.
- This weekend begins the Holiday Movie series at the Arena Grand Theatre in the Arena District. This week's movie is White Christmas!
- Mad Lab presents 3 in 30 this month - 3 holiday-thremed, original plays will show at 10:30pm on Saturday. The best part? The shows are short (30 minutes) and are only $5. It's a great place for a date, boys.
- This Saturday is the Craft Fair at Sprout Soup, a natural Mom & Baby store in Clintonville.
- This week is membership appreciation week at the Wexner Center; you will recieve 20% off the fabulous stuff at the Wexner gift shop, a free beverage at Cam's, and a behind-the-scenes tour of Other Voices, Other Rooms on Saturday!