Let's hear it for snow days! Unless you are at/or had to work, in which case I am very sorry. I love snow days because I feel I have permission to spend the day all snuggly with various cats surrounding me, trying to motivate myself to get some writing done while surfing the intertubes and tweeting about the weather all day.
Although at some point throughout the evening, I do plan to put some dinner on the (coffee) table. Maybe it will even *gasp* be worth writing about, who knows?! Raise your hand if you're ready for spring.
I think everything should be all cleared up by the weekend, so we might as well talk about what there is to do. A few things for this week have been canceled (namely Wild Raspberries at the Wexner Center), so if you are headed to an event tonight, you might want to call before you go.
As always, please feel free to add/amend/clarify events in the comments!
- Our first event this week is for those of you with kiddos in the house. Super cool mom Amy (of Little Alouette) will be giving a talk on Saturday at Whole Foods about creative parenting. I remember once reading on Amy's blog about how she had her son lay on his back and draw pictures using the bottom a chair to teach him about Michaelangelo painting frescoes. How cool is that? At any rate, she's the real thing. You should go see her.
- There are lots of cool things happening at the Whole Foods Dublin store, including lots of Valentine's Day-related events, even dinner of Valentine's from Chef Marc Dullin. Click here for more from their calender.
- The Hills Market will present a four-part series introducing participants to the pleasures of wine. This Wine 101 series will take place on Wednesdays during February.
- I still have room for a few more people to join me on a tour of the North Market next Friday, February 6th at 5pm. (click the link above for more information and to reserve your spot.)
- This Friday you can meet farmers and learn all about CSAs at Tehku Tea Room in old Dublin!
- This Saturday, Chamber Music Columbus presents the Fine Arts Quartet at the Southern Theatre!
- In more music events, the Columbus Symphony presents conductor Edwin Outwater playing "Orchestral Jewels" this weekend. The symphony will play Beethoven's Symphony no. 8 and Mozart's Piano Concerto No. 25, K. 503.
- The Wexner Center's Andy Warhol exhibit Other Voices, Other rooms, closes on February 15th, so get there people!! (That includes me!)
- There is no Clintonville Winter Market this weekend, but there is one in Worthington.