Raise your hand if you're tired of winter. Bleh. It's funny because it seems as though every year during February, all I want to do is sleep and stay in the house and read, and it always catches me by surprise. Somehow I think Spring should be close! I suppose I should be grateful that I live here in Ohio; a friend was just telling me it's still only 12 degrees where her parents live in Michigan!
- First up, this weekend is the Fiery Foods Festival at the North Market! There will be a chili cookoff for both chefs and amateurs (I'm making chili! You can come judge me!) as well as a salsa competition, music, and all sorts of other fun stuff.
- Tonight is Pecha Kucha, which is a really cool event. If you are looking to network or just see some really cool people, I highly recommend it.
- This weekend is the OEFFA (Ohio Ecological Food & Farm Association) Conference in Granville, OH. I will be doing a demo Sunday about the wonders of dairy! I will show everyone how to make butter, cultured butter, and creme fraiche!
- Dudes!! Cheech and Chong are coming this weekend!
- This Sunday is the Columbus Bridal Expo. Yikes! Let the cake eating begin!!
- I have a cooking class coming up at the Hills Market on March 5th! Please sign up because if no one comes I will cry! I'll be making pantry basics, including risotto and yummy, yummy soups! Beware, if you click on the link there's a scary picture of me which looks nothing like me!!
- This is an abbreviated list because I am working hard on a new project which I think will be awesome. More information coming very soon!