Spring is in the air. For today, at least. Maybe that means I'll magically become motivated to do all the writing I'm behind on! The Home & Garden show is always a sure sign that Spring - and home improvement time - is right around the corner.
- First up, I will be teaching a cooking class at the Hills Market a week from today. Husband will be my sous chef, and with Constance the wine buyer at the Hills, will be pairing my simple dinner with some excellent wines. I'll make a delicious 3 ingredient soup, an very simple salad, yummy risotto, and flourless chocolate cake! I suppose this would make it a perfect cooking class for anyone who is on a Gluten Free diet, although it only just now occurred to me! Hm. Should have sold it that way. Ah well. Next time.
- I've been buying a bit of coffee from Kickstart lately, and it's tasty. In addition to coffee, Kickstart sells scooters, scooter gear, and heirloom candy, such as candy cigarettes! At any rate, every Saturday night, Kickstart has open mic night for local musicians. I never have a Satruday night off, but you should go and support local artists. Seems like a great time. They also sell treats from Pattycake Vegan Bakery!
- As we've already discussed, this weekend, and continuing on through next weekend, is the Central Ohio Home & Garden Show. It's a great place to see all the great things you could do for your home if you could afford it (or maybe that's just me). In addition to the tons of vendors at the show, there are always lots of great gardening and food demonstrations going on.
- This Friday is the gala fundraiser for the Columbus Children's Theatre, "A Return to Neverland."
- This Sunday the Too Many Cooks event at Wild Goose Creative will feature the folks from Northstar! Rumor has it these same folks will soon be opening a finer dining restaurant in Grandview with a display of tractor seats. I wouldn't know for sure, because I only have word of mouth.
- This weekend is Polar Adventure Weekend at COSI! In addition to lots of fun events, on Sunday there will be a sled dog demonstration, along with actual sled dogs!
- This Friday the Columbus Symphony presents Mozart til Midnight at the Palace Theatre. Snacks from Mozart's Cafe and Bakery will, appropriately enough, be available for purchase.