Well, it looks as though after today, the cold snap is going to be over for awhile, so it's time to start thinking about planting seedlings inside, maybe getting a little spring cleaning done, or whatever you're going to do this spring.
- If home improvements are on the agenda, you might want to get some ideas flowing at the Home & Garden Show, which continues this weekend.
- If exercise or weight loss is part of your 2009 plan (*sigh* I fail already), or if you would just like to ogle some muscles, this weekend is the Arnold Sports Festival, which is great for some very interesting people watching, if nothing else. Every meat head I know loves to go to the Arnold to score the tons of free samples they offer.
- Of course, it's gallery hope this Saturday. If you're going to be spending any money this weekend, how about supporting some locally-owned businesses during this rough economy. With the way rents are in the Short North, some people are struggling more than ever.
- This weekend is the Columbus Jewish Film Festival. The festival will take place at venues from CCAD to the Museum. The festival will showcase 10 films (click for list).
- Don't forget that next week is Restaurant Week here in Columbus!
- Shadow Cabaret begins "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" this weekend.
- ProMusica will be performing at the lovely Josephinum this weekend. Organs will be featured. Fun Fact: the Josehpinum is actually part of the Vatican, and is the only pontifical college outside of the Italy (source).
- CAPA presents Irish Fiddler Ireen Ivers on Sunday, and later in the month, the Japanese Kodo drummers!