Dear Restaurants: please do not be offended if I leave you out. It's hard to keep up with all of you!! If you have any upcoming events, please feel free to add me to your list by using the email on the contact page!
- I have been meaning to write about this since Alana told me about it months ago!! BUT. Tuesday nights at Alana's are "Pasta and Post-off Nights." For those of you who don't work in wine sales, a "post-off" is basically a sale on wine given to restaurants and retailers. This can be done for a variety of reasons, so this isn't bad wine. As a matter of fact, I imagine in the next year, with restaurants ordering less wine because of the economy, we'll probably see some great post-offs. At any rate, take advantage by getting wine below retails prices, and pay only $15 for pasta. There are a variety of pastas from which to choose, and Alana's is always vegetarian and vegan friendly, so there's no excuse! If you haven't been to Alana's, this is a great opportunity to get in!
- More events at Alana's: Tuesday, March 24th, Alana's will celebrate Women Winemakers! A multicourse dinner with wines to match, $65 per person, all inclusive.
- And, on Saturdays in April, Alana's will have early bird specials for those seated from 5 - 5:45pm. $25 for multi-course menu!! Perfect if you're going to a show later.
- Alana's 2333 N. High St (North Campus) 614.294.6783
- Deepwood will unveil their new Spring menu, wines, and cocktails on Monday, March 30th. Here are a few of the new treats - Hand-stretch mozzarella & fried green tomatoes; Seared Hamachi with Beets & Ginger; Slow poached Maine Lobster with Spring Pea risotto, pea shoots, and Bellini Sauce.
- From Monday, March 23rd through Friday, March 27th, the Tavern at Deepwood will have a Spring Celebration tasting menu. The 3 course menu will be paired with beers - including one of my all-time favorites, Hitachino Nest White Ale - for $28!
- Deepwood 511 N. High St (Short North/Convention Center) 614.221.5602