Wow there's a lot going on this weekend! And the weather is supposed to be nice! Get out there and enjoy our fair city!
*I originally said that the Chadwick plant sale was this weekend. It is next weekend, the 7th-9th. I am sorry for any confusion!"
*so far, I have updated this list about 4 times. So you might want to check back. I keep remembering new things!*
- Our featured event this week is the North Market Artisan Sunday! Particularly the super cool Bella Beads studio. Isn't her stuff great? The colors are so nice! Just look at this whimsical necklace. Don't forget that Mother's Day is coming up. These baubles would make great gifts for really cool Moms!!
- Also at the North Market this weekend will be Cinco d'Ohio on Saturday. Celebrate all things Ohio and spicy! I'll be there in the morning, judging tacos and salsa (leave out the cilantro to win me over!! just kidding of course). This will be the official opening of the farmer's market, and will also feature lots of Ohio Proud companies (last year the wonderful people from Freshwater Farms were there! Stock up on some trout!).
- G. Michael's Bistro celebrates their 10th anniversary this week! To celebrate, G. Mike's invites Columbusites to join them on Friday for $2 glasses of wine and half-priced appetizers (hello pork belly and shrimp and grits!!)! There will be live music as well! You should go! I have to work, so let me live vicariously through you!
- Saturday is the Gallery Hop in the Short North (follow the link for lots of helpful information, such as How to Park in the Short North). I always recommend that you take visitors to the Gallery Hop, and if you've just moved to Columbus, it has great energy and you can get to know lots of businesses at one time.
- Tomorrow is the Capital Area Human Society's Celebrity Chef Event, which will take place at Huntington Park, which is the new home of the Columbus Clippers! I miss this event every year because I am always working, even though I salute CAHS for having an event which is affordable ($45 until midnight tonight, $50 at the door).
- This Saturday, CAPA will host iO Theatre - Improvised Musical. The entire performance will be improvised on the spot, based upon suggestions from the audience. Sounds like lots of fun!
- This weekend and next, the Center Stage Players will present Reefer Madness! Tickets are only $15, and performances take place at Axis Nightclub in the Short North.
- This Saturday, welcome Spring in Gahanna with the Spring Fling in the afternoon, and then enjoy a Concert on the Creek!
- I will be conducting a salt tasting this Sunday at Wild Goose Creative! We will be talking all about salt; the different types, their uses, and their origins. And we will, of course, be eating salt! Yummy!
- this Saturday is the Chadwick Arboretum plant sale!!
- And, don't forget that Shadowbox Caberet is running a new production - Born to be Wild. This show features a great set list by house band BillWho? along with the usual sketches.