Can you believe how amazing the weather has been?! Seriously, I can't think of a nicer July in years and years. I hope it's at least warm enough for the tomatoes and everything to be really great...
At any rate, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and doing all the nice shopping and eating seasonally and event-hopping that I haven't been doing. This is yet another great weekend of events in Central Ohio.
As always, if you have anything to add, please leave it in the comments. Always remember, too, that you have my permission to add me to your email list of special events or press releases.
- This weekend is the Jazz & Rib fest in the Arena District! I love the idea of moving the festival from the south edge of downtown to the North; you can walk to the festival, to bars, to the Short North - it's great. The Jazz & Rib Fest always features tons of great music and of course, great food. Best of all, it's free!
- There are lots of opportunities to see free or cheap music this weekend! The Jazz Arts Group presents JazZoo this Friday, across town in Gahanna, you can see the Gas Pump Jockeys at Creekside in Gahanna.
- Tonight at the Wexner Center, you can see American Graffiti or Dazed and Confused! And of course, there are always lots of great things happening at the Wex.
- This week is the Violet Festival in Pickerington.
- This week's movie in the CAPA Summer Movie Series is The Awful Truth. If you've never been to the Ohio Theatre, this is a great chance to see it at a great price. It is hands down one of my favorite places in the city.