*gasp* I know, right? Things to do is back, baby! And there are a few fun ones this week...
First off, there isn't just one, there are two food truck related events this week! I can't even begin to tell you how happy this makes me.
As always, if you have an event to add, please leave it in the comments. If you have a future event to tell me about, please email me (lisathewaitressATgmailDOTcom), but don't be offended if I don't list your event, because I am lazy and forgetful, m'kay? great!
- Food Truck-a-Palooza takes place tomorrow (Thursday the 14th) at the Ohio Historical Society. I love this idea - you can get into the museum free after 4pm and have lots of tasty, tasty treats. If you have had a difficult time hitting food trucks due to their tricky schedules, this is a great place to try a few out all at once. Be sure to come hungry and with friends. (included trucks are Foodie Cart ((the Japanese Crepe cart)), 3 Babes & a Baker Cupcake Truck, DaLevee ((Cajun)), Leslie's Creperie, and Junior's Tacos, among many others.) Special note - there is construction on 17th Ave - you'll have to access the historical society from 11th ave or the 71 side of 17th.
- Food Cart Food Court takes place on Sunday the 17th at the Wonderland Space (former Wonderbread Factory, N 4th St at 670). You gotta love an event which lists "Porta Johns" as one of the attractions. You should attend BOTH events, because this event features a few of the Food Truck-a-Palooza trucks and a few others, including some of my favorites such as Skillet Rustic and Ray Ray's. While we're on the subject, please go VOTE for Wonderland so they can get their Pepsi Refresh grant and stop clogging up my Facebook with Vote requests (you know I love you kitties).
- The new concept from Giant Eagle, Market District, is opening tomorrow at Kinsdale Shopping Center (Upper Arlington). I have been on a walk-through and I'm not really allowed to say anything yet, but I will say this: it is pretty freaking amazing, so far. At nearly 3 times the size of Whole Foods Dublin, it's a little overwhelming. I am attending a press event tomorrow, and will write more about it after I am sanctioned! I will say this, it brings the idea of a grocery store to an entirely different level, much as Whole Foods did when they arrived - I mean, how many times before that did you think about going on a date to or moving into a grocery store....
- Craftin' Outlaws takes place this Saturday the 16th at the Gateway Film Center (campus)!!! Craftin' Outlaws has all sorts of artists, crafters, designers - but this isn't grandma's craft fair. This is stuff you want, I promise.
- Matt Groening will be speaking at the Wexner Center this weekend; tickets are free but required. If Trey Parker and Matt Stone ever come, I am so there. I know I have a few readers at the Wex - please take note! thanks!