Queue the cliched remarks about how it's snowing and I can't believe it's December......
- Tonight begins a month of candlelit dinners in the Palm House at Franklin Park Conservatory (I can't get their website to come up at the moment, so no link)
- Get some art (and wine) into your life tomorrow and spend your happy hour at the Columbus Museum of Art at the Uncorked! Wine Club. Tickets are $25.
- Enjoy free lunchtime concerts in the Crypt at the Statehouse.
- Fans of Cheesecake Boy paintings can see original Paul Richmond paintings (and meet the artist) and enjoy a visit from drag queen superstar Nina West Thursday at Cheesecake Boy Extravaganza! at Luxboheme in the Short North. There will be a pinup photo booth with proceeds going to the Kaleidoscope Youth Center, which supports the teen GLBTQ community.
- The description "part Toy Story, part David Lynch" is intriguing enough to make me want to call in sick tomorrow to see The Attic, a Czech stop-animation film about a bunch of abandoned toys who devise a plan to rescue a fellow toy. I love animation, and creepy, Eastern European stop animation? Sign me up. I suppose I'll have to wait until it's on Netflix. But you should go see it!
- The Wex also presents Soul Kitchen this week at the Gateway Film Center.
- The Columbus Jazz Orchestra will be Jazzing up the Holidays this weekend at the Southern Theatre with Carmen Bradford. You can tour the theater before the performance!
- This weekend marks the first of several performances of JOY! by the Columbus Gay Men's Chorus.
- Saturday is Holidayville! in Clintonville. All along High Street, shops will showcase their best holiday-themed goodies and restaurants will offer samples.
- Also, this weekend (Friday & Saturday) is the Holiday Open House & Craft Extravaganza at the North Market. Crafts upstairs and loads of fun activities for the whole family downstairs. Christmas trees, the Nutcracker, and island music!
Now get out there and do something FUN. It's December, and it's gonna be FUN and Holiday and all that stuff.